Daniel Bell (1919-2011) was an American academic.
His book The End of Ideology (1960) has been influential in what was called endism. This is the idea that both history and ideology have been reduced to insignificance because the Western model of democracy and capitalism has triumphed.
- New Leader
- Congress for Cultural Freedom
- The Public Interest
- Euston Manifesto United States
- Government and Opposition political science journal, International advisory board circa 1974
- Pearl K. Bell - wife.
- Howard Brick, Daniel Bell and the Decline of Intellectual Radicalism: Social Theory and Political Reconciliation in the 1940s, University of Wisconsin Press, 1996.
- Michael T. Kaufman, Daniel Bell, Ardent Appraiser of Politics, Economics and Culture, Dies at 91, New York Times, 25 January 2011.
- Paul Buhle, Daniel Bell obituary, guardian.co.uk, 26 January 2011.