He is the third Baron of Grantchester and is a member of the Moores family, owners of the Littlewoods catalogues and shopping empire, whose wealth was estimated at £1200 million by the Sunday Times Rich List in 2007. He owns an 11% share of Littlewoods, worth an estimated £176 million. The Littlewoods pools business was sold in June 2000 for £161 million. His mother is Lady Grantchester (née Betty Moores) and his father, the Second Baron Granchester, was Kenneth Suenson-Taylor (died 12 August 1995).
Lord Grantchester gave more than £5,000 to the Labour Party in 1999-2000.
Since 2010 he has been Opposition Whip (Lords).
- Former director of Littlewoods
- Former director of Everton F.C.
- Chairman of the South West Cheshire Dairy Association
- Former chairman of Dairy Farmers of Britain until June 2009
- Vice President, Wingate Special Children’s Trust
- Vice President, Oulton Park Cricket Club
- Foundation for Sports and the Arts
- Everton Collection Charitable Trust