Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland
NOMINATED MEMBERS OF THE TRUST
- Professor Sir David Edward KCMG QC LLD Drhc FRSE - Chairman
- Lady Balfour of Burleigh MA DPhil LLD DLitt FRSE
- Ewan Brown CBE MA LLB CA FRSE FCIBS
- The Hon. The Rev. Robin Buchanan-Smith BA ThM
- The Rt Hon. Lord Cameron of Lochbroom PC FRSE
- The Earl of Elgin KT MA LLD DLitt
- Tom B Hunter Esq BA DUniv
- Eileen Mackay CB
- Calum A MacLeod CBE MA LLB LLD
- Sir Lewis Robertson CBE LLD DUniv DBA LLD FRCSE FRSE
- The Rt Hon the Lord Wilson of Tillyorn KT GCMG PhD FRSE
Three vacancies, filled by:
- Richard Burns Esq MA LLB.
- The Rt Hon. Lord Kerr of Kinlochard GCMG.
- Janet Lowe CBE.
- The Reverend Charles Robertson LVO JP MA.
- David B B Smith OBE Dr hc MA LLB FRSA FIoD NP.
- Ian P Sword CBE PhD FRSC FRSE FRCPE.
Principals and Vice-Chancellors of the Universities of Scotland
Aberdeen University - Professor C Duncan Rice MA PhD FRSE Abertay Dundee University - Professor Bernard King MSc PhD CIMgt FIWSc CBiol FIBiol Dundee University - Professor Sir Alan Langlands KCB BSc HonDUniv FRCP FIA FRCGP Edinburgh University - Professor Timothy M M O'Shea BSc PhD Glasgow University - Sir Muir Russell BSc Glasgow Caledonian University - Dr Ian A Johnston CB BSc PhD CIMgt FIPD Heriot-Watt University - Professor John S Archer BSc PhD FREng FRSE Napier University - Professor Joan Stringer CBE BA PhD DLitt FRSA FRSE Paisley University - Professor John Macklin BA PhD Robert Gordon University - Professor William Stevely BSc DPhil DipEd FIBiol St Andrews University - Dr Brian Lang MA PhD FLA Stirling University - (Acting Principal), Professor Christine Hallett, MA PhD FRSEd Strathclyde University - Professor Andrew Hamnett BA DPhil FRSChem
The First Minister*, Scottish Executive
Assessor for the First Minister - vacancy
The Lord Provosts of Edinburgh and Glasgow
- The First Minister replaced the Secretary of State for Scotland as a consequence of devolution in Scotland and from the inception of the Scotland Act.
- Professor Sir David Edward - Chairman
- Lady Balfour of Burleigh
- Professor Ewan Brown
- Lord Cameron of Lochbroom
- Dr Calum A MacLeod - representing the Investment Committee
- The Principals and Vice-Chancellors of the Universities of Scotland
Voting power exercised by The Principals and Vice-Chancellors of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, and Heriot Watt from February 2003 to January 2005
- Dr Calum A MacLeod - Chairman
- Professor Ewan Brown
- David J Kirkpatrick BSc FFA
- David C Ritchie BSc FFA
- Edward A W Tulloch BSc
- Maxwell C B Ward MA
Secretary and Treasurer
- Sir John P Arbuthnott ScD FIBiol FRCPath FRSE HonFRCPS(Glasgow)
Miss Jackie Gray
Miss Kate Ellis BSc FCA
Miss Julianne Black