Cabinet Office Briefing Room A
The Cabinet Office website states COBR(A) is:
- COBR(A) is a meeting of the Civil Contingencies Committee, which takes place within the Cabinet Office estate. COBR(A) stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room (A).
- The Committee deals with the UK's emergency response in a national crisis.
- It is a meeting of cross–government departments responsible for responding to an emergency.
- Depending on the nature of the event different representatives will attend the meeting and advise on contingency arrangements.
- In the past year COBR(A) has met to respond to various emergencies including Avian Flu, alleged terrorist plots and the poisoning of the Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko. 
- Cabinet Office Key facts about COBR(A), accessed 14 February 2008