Brigid Simmonds has been the chief executive of the British Beer and Pub Association since September 2009. Prior to this Simmonds with chief executive of Business In Sport and Leisure an organisation representing private sector commercial companies in the sports and leisure industry. In 2006 she received an OBE for services to sport. Simmonds represents the British Beer and Pub Association on the Responsibility Deal Alcohol Network.
- Chair of Central Council of Physical Recreation, the alliance of governing and representative bodies of sport and recreation in the UK
- Former chair of the Tourism Alliance (2005-2006)
- Board member Sport England where she was chairman of Phoenix Sport in Sheffield and Caversham Lakes Trust
- Former chair of the Sport England Lottery Awards Panel
- Former non-executive directive of Leicester City Football Club
- Caterersearch.com 11th September 2009 Brigid Simmons becomes chief executive of British Beer & Pub Association accessed 16th September 2011