During the 1950s, Wolfe was the chief ideological advisor of the International Broadcasting Office of the State Department. He was a senior Fellow in Slavic Studies at the library of the Hoover Institution, before becoming a Research Fellow at the institution itself in 1956. He was also a visiting professor at Columbia University and the University of California.
- Communist Party of America
- International Communist Opposition
- Friends of Russian Freedom
- Hoover Institution
- Committee on the Present Danger (1976 version)
- NameBase WOLFE BERTRAM D
- Robert J. Alexander, The Right Opposition: The Lovestoneites and the International Communist Opposition of the 1930s, Greenwood Press, 1981, p.134.
- Eric Thomas Chester, Covert Network: Progressives, the International Rescue Committee and the CIA, M.E. Sharpe, 1995, p.9.