Baxter International is an American healthcare company based in Deerfield, Illinois, USA .It was founded in 1931, and as of July 2016 employs over 10,000 staff. The company primarily focuses on products to treat hemophilia, kidney disease, immune disorders and other chronic and acute medical conditions. Baxter has two global business units: Hospital Products and Renal.
Tax Evasion and Lobbying
In December 2011, the non-partisan organization Public Campaign criticized Baxter for spending $10.45 million on lobbying and not paying any taxes during 2008–2010, instead getting $66 million in tax rebates, despite making a profit of $926 million. The full Public Campaign report 'For Hire: Lobbyists or the 99%? How Corporations Pay More for Lobbyists Than in Taxes' can be viewed here.
Key people at Baxter, as listed on www.baxter.com. Correct as of 11 July 2016.
Board of Directors
- José Almeida - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Baxter International Inc.
- Thomas Chen - Former Senior Vice President and President, International Nutrition, Abbott Laboratories.
- Uma Chowdhry -Former Senior Vice President and Chief Science and Technology Officer, E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Company.
- John Forsyth - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
- James R. Gavin III - Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer, Healing Our Village, Inc.
- Peter Hellman - Former President, Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, Nordson Corporation.
- Munib Islam - Partner and Head of Equities Research, Third Point LLC.
- Michael Mahoney - Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Boston Scientific Corporation.
- Carole Shapazian - Former Executive Vice President, Maytag Corporation.
- Thomas Stallkamp - Lead Director and Founder and Principal, Collaborative Management LLC.
- K. J. Storm - Former Chairman of the Executive Board, AEGON N.V. (The Netherlands).
- Albert Stroucken - Former Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- osé Almeida - Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.
- Brik Eyre - Corporate Vice President and President, Hospital Products.
- Robert Felicelli - Corporate Vice President, Business Transformation.
- Jeanne Mason - Corporate Vice President, Human Resources.
- James Saccaro - Corporate Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Marcus Schabacker - Corporate Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer.
- David Scharf - Corporate Vice President and General Counsel.
- Paul Vibert - Corporate Vice President and President, International.
- Scott Bohaboy - Corporate Vice President, Treasurer and Head of Global Planning.
- Caroline Karp - Corporate Vice President and Controller.
- Paul Martin - Corporate Vice President and Chief Information Officer.
- Ellen McKintosh - Corporate Vice President, Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary.
- Baxalta - Founded on 1 July 2015 after its parent company, Baxter International, spun off the biopharmaceutical division. Baxalta merged with Shire in a $32 billion deal in January 2016.
Science Media Centre donor
- Corporate Headquarters
- Baxter International Inc.
- One Baxter Parkway
- Deerfield, IL 60015
- Telephone: (224)948-2000
- Baxter International website.
- Public Campaign report - For Hire: Lobbyists or the 99%? How Corporations Pay More for Lobbyists Than in Taxes.
- Baxter contact info, Baxter website, accessed 11 July 2016.
- Baxter International, Baxter LinkedIn page, accessed 11 July 2016.
- 'Corporate Overview', Baxter International, accessed 11 July 2016.
- Ashley Portero, '30 Major U.S. Corporations Paid More to Lobby Congress Than Income Taxes, 2008–2010', International Business Times. Archived from the original on December 26, 2011. Last accessed 11 July 2016.
- Company Leadership, Baxter International website, accessed 11 July 2011.
- 'Baxalta: A Rare Undervalued Biopharmaceutical Company', CNA Finance, 23 July 2015.
- 'Shire, Baxalta Tie the Knot in $32B Merger', GEN - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News, 11 January 2016.
- Science Media Centre funding, Science Media Centre website, accessed 11 July 2011.