Association of British Healthcare Industries
The Association of British Healthcare Industries (ABHI) is the industry association for the medical technology sector in the UK. It represents over 200 UK member companies whose output makes up for around 85 percent of the industry’s total. .
It was formed 20 years ago 'to address industry’s need to engage with the fast moving regulatory landscape and to support UK companies export their products around the world'. Its purpose is 'to promote the rapid adoption of medical technologies to ensure optimum patient outcomes throughout the UK and in key global markets'.
- PR agency Hanover carries out PR and lobbying for the ABHI. Before that it was Weber Shandwick
- PB Political Consulting
- Geoff Cox - Chairman of ABHI and Managing Director of Huntleigh UK
- Peter Ellingworth- Director-general of the Association of British Healthcare Industries.
- Andy Taylor - Director Healthcare Policy.
Membership is open to manufacturers as well as service companies involved in the sector, such as distributors, professional groups and lawyers.
It is an active member of the Medical Technology Group (MTG)
- [url title], publications details
111 Westminster Bridge Road
London, SE1 7HR