Association Internationale des Étudiants en Sciences Économiques et Commerciales
- "AIESEC produces global citizens who will hopefully understand and practice the values of open society in their companies and communities. This organisation of bright, enthusiastic young people from all corners of the globe is dedicated to providing international internships that serve both its student members and participating companies and promote understanding between cultures. The foundations I established and currently fund promote AIESEC's activities in many countries" George Soros, Chairman, Open Society Institute
- "In the past few years, we have witnessed an incredible globalisation of the markets and mentalities. This trend has been breaking down boundaries and making international co-operation more important than ever. AIESEC encourages and facilitates this trend by bringing young people together, preventing prejudice and fostering an international mentality." Professor Klaus Schwab, President, World Economic Forum
The AIESEC began in 1948 as an organisation to help develop "friendly relations" between member countries and is now a 'global association' with activities in 89 different countries and territories.
The founding members of AIESEC started to build the organization between 1946 - 1948, but a clear identity was defined in 1948 and later in 1949 at the Stockholm Congress.
Ostensibly the focus of the organization is on themes like International Trade, Management Education, Sustainable development, Entrepreneurship and Corporate Responsibility which are discussed at local, national and global seminars.
- 1 Associated organisations
- 2 People
- 3 Affiliations
- 4 Contact
- 5 Notes
Global Development Group
ABN AMRO, Cadbury Schweppes, DHL, PwC, UBS
Global Exchange Partners
ABN AMRO, Alcatel, DHL, Electrolux, InBev, Microsoft, PricewaterhouseCoopers.
International and Regional Contributors
Spencer Stuart, Coca Cola Africa, DHL, L-Soft UPM, Kymmene, Lufthansa Cargo
Hewlett Packard, ING, Sony, Shell, Holcim.
Ashoka | European Bahai Business Forum | Global Meeting of Generations | International Business Leaders Forum | International Labour Organisation | Raleigh International | The World Bank | United Nations | United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO), Transparency International, Career innovation | EBBF.
Juan Somavia (Director-General, ILO) | Ruud Lubbers (High Commissioner, UNHCR 2001-2005) | Geoff Unwin (Chief Executive Officer, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young | Jim Schiro (Chief Executive Officer, PricewaterhouseCoopers)
International Strategic Group
Keith Bell (Chair, Retired Partner - PriceWaterhouseCoopers) | Carolyn Nimmy (Divisional Director - Cap Gemini Ernst & Young | Chris Bones (Group Organisation Effectiveness and Development Director - Cadbury Schweppes) | Jose Pablo Retana Cruz (President AIESEC International 00-01) | Jane Nelson (Director Policy & Research - International Business leaders Forum) | Matthias Mölleney (Chief Personnel Officer - SAir Group) | Muratcan Ustunkaya (President AIESEC International 99-00) | Jermyn Brooks (Executive Director - Transparency International) | Patrice van Riemsdijk (Co-ordinator of the CEO Panel of World Water Forum) | Ante Glavas (Principal - Horizon)
- Politics Direct, AIESEC retains this London based Lobbying firm
- Brevia Consulting, 2009
- Website: http://www.aiesec.co.uk/