André Hoffmann (born 31 May 1958), is a Swiss billionaire businessman, the vice-chairman of Hoffmann-La Roche, and great-grandson of Fritz Hoffmann-La Roche who founded the drug company Roche Holding in 1896.
- St. Gallen School of Economics, St. Gallen, Switzerland, 1979-1982.
- INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France: MBA, 1990.
- Station Biologique de la Tour du Valat, Camargue, France
- Acting Administrator
- James Capel and Co., London, United Kingdom
- Manager, European Mergers & Acquisitions (latest position)
Directorships in listed Companies
- since 1996
- Member of the Board of Roche Holding Ltd., Basel, Switzerland.
- since 2006
- Vice-Chairman of the Board of Roche Holding Ltd., Basel, Switzerland.
- since 2009
- Member of the Board of Inovalon Inc., Bowie, USA (listed since 2015).
Directorships in unlisted Companies
- Genentech Inc., South San Francisco, USA, Member of the Board.
- Massellaz SA, Morges, Switzerland, Chairman.
- SYSTEMIQ Ltd., London, United Kingdom, Member of the Board.
Philanthropic Foundations and Charities
- Fondation Auxiliaire du Conservatoire botanique de la Ville de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland, Member of the Board, Treasurer.
- Fondation Hoffmann, Morges, Switzerland, President.
- Fondation Jan Michalski pour l'écriture et la littérature, Montricher, Switzerland, Secretary of the Board.
- Fondation MAVA, Gland, Switzerland, President.
- Fondation Pro Valat, Basel, Switzerland, Chairman of the Board.
- Fondation Tour du Valat, Arles, France, President.
- HGIBS Hoffmann Global Institute for Business and Society, Fontainebleau, France, Founder; Chairman of the Advisory Board.
- Givaudan Foundation, Vernier, Switzerland, President of the Board of Trustees.
- Institute for Strategic Dialogue, past member of the Board of Trustees.
- Paul Sacher Stiftung, Basel, Switzerland, Member of the Board.
- Peace Parks Foundation, Stellenbosch, South Africa, Member of the Board.
- Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom, Member of the Board of Trustees.
- World Economic Forum, Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland, Member of the Governing Board.