Amey is a major infrastructure services provider to the public sector in the UK.
According to its website:
- Amey is one of the UK’s leading support service partners, specialising in the outsourcing of sustainable business solutions. Amey works in partnership with customers across the aviation, central government, defence, education, local government, rail and strategic highways sectors.
- Amey is part of Ferrovial, one of Europe’s largest infrastructure and services groups, which brings with it the strength and additional capabilities of a world-leading organisation.
- Amey has been listed amongst the ‘Top 100 Companies that Count’ in Business in the Community’s (BITC) Corporate Responsibility Index since 2005.
In October 2007, Amey won the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) Technology Award for installing a scanner in Todholm Primary School in Renfrewshire as part of a PPP contract. The scanner can identify the children via the unique vein in the palm of their hands and determine which is eligible for school meals.
- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority - Chris Fenton, a former Group Strategy and Marketing Director for Amey plc (2006-2012), is a non-executive director on the NDA board. Chris is chairman of the NDA's Remuneration Committee and a member of the Audit Committee. 
- Amey is a member of the UK HM Treasury Business Forum on Tax and Competitiveness.
- News Release on Amey website http://www.amey.co.uk/Media/Pressreleases/Pressrelease/tabid/86/Default.aspx?ArtMasterID=236 (accessed 5 April 2008)
- HC236 Nuclear Decommissioning Authority Annual Report & Accounts 2012/2013, Ordered by the House of Commons to be printed on 24 June 2013