Alan Parker (CBE)
Alan Parker is the non-executive chairman of Mothercare plc.
Parker has worked in Brussels and Frankfurt as the managing director of Europe, Middle East and Asia of Holiday Inn; he joined Whitbread plc in 1992 and was appointed CEO in 2004 before retiring in November 2010.
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Parker was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
- Darty plc, non-executive chairman
- Burger King Worldwide Inc, executive director
- British Hospitality Association, president
- Mothercare Management board, accessed 8 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 8 April 2015.