500 Startups is a venture firm founded in 2010 that has financed many early-stage companies.
It is among the most active investors in the education technology field. According to venture capital database, CB Insights, it was the third most active Ed Tech investor from 2010–2015.
It was founded by and is run by Dave McClure.
- Chalkable (an app store for school and a platform to make those apps work)
- eSpark Learning
- Front Row Education
- Miso Media
- Mom Trusted
- Timbuktu Labs
- Dave McClure, founder
- Christine Tsai, founder; formerly at Google and YouTube.
- Matt Lerner, leads 500 Startups’ operations in London.
- Website: http://500.co
- HQ:444 Castro St Suite 1200, Mountain View, CA 94041
- Funding To VC-Backed Education Technology Startups Soars 96%, CB Insights, 17 July 2015
- 500 Startups, EdSurge, accessed August 2015
- Startups, 500 Startups webiste, accessed August 2015