|Part of the Powerbase Brexit Portal.|
In May 2017 it hired former Liberal Democrat schools minister David Laws as a strategic adviser. In October 2018 it also announced it had appointed one of the leading planning lobbyists, Stephen Byfield. Byfield was previously head of Newgate Communications for four years.
GK Strategy is one of a number of lobbying firms marketing its Brexit lobbying services.
GK Strategy spells out what it can do for clients:
1. Identify the EU regulations that impact an industry and analyse the potential to change them 'during or after Brexit negotiations'
2. For clients who are keen to 'drive discussions' about future regulations in their industry, GK Strategy has teamed up with a 'leading legal firm' which can provide legal advice and draft new regulations.
3. Help with avoiding political risks arising from the Brexit process.
4. Provide face-to-face meetings with UK and EU officials, in order to understand and influence the 'future shape of existing or expected regulation'.
5. Brexit intelligence reports.
- Robin Grainger, co-founder, CEO
- Luke Kennedy, co-founder, head of strategy
- Emily Wallace, CEO public affairs
- David Laws, Strategic Adviser to GK Strategy; former Liberal Democrat schools minister
- Stephanie Elsy, Strategic Adviser to GK Strategy; former leader of Southwark Council
- Phil Hope, Strategic Adviser to GK Strategy; former Care & Vocational Skills Minister
As declared on the voluntary APPC register of lobbyists:
June - August 2017
Louise Allen | Justin Ash | Tim Barutcu | Megan Baxter | Jennifer Berger | Jamie Cater | Stephanie Elsey | Robin Grainger | Isabelle Hillson | Phil Hope | Jasmin Johal | Edward Jones | Luke Kennedy | Ned Lamb | Ilana Lassman | David Laws | Sophia Martin-Pavlou | Edward Morris | Jonny Munro | Will O'Leary | Matt Palutikof | Andy Peel | Emma Petela | Louis Reynolds | Ella Robinson | Harry Shackleton | Martin Summers | Tim Swabey | Emily Wallace | Jack Withrington
As declared on the voluntary APPC register of lobbyists
June - August 2017
Access to Music | Alchemy Partners | Ameresco | Assura | Baird Capital | Bristow and Sutor | British Society of Gastroenterology | British Toy and Hobby Association | Buy As You View | CLS | Copper Management Services | Deb Group | EY | FCSA | Fisher Clinical Services | Funeral Planning Authority | Glass and Glazing Federation | HCL | Helix | Kindertons | LDC Managers Ltd | Lifeways | Livingbridge | Matoke Holdings | Octopus Healthcare | PASMA | Premier Tax Free | Primary Health Properties | Randstad | Richmond Pharmacology | Royal College of Occupational Therapists | Rutland Partners | Textile Services Association | The BIMM Group | The Shelford Group | The Society of Licensed Conveyancers | Thermo Fisher Scientific | Travis Perkins | UCLAN | Urgent Health UK | Valpack Holdings Ltd | Viforpharma UK | Zenith
As declared on the minimal statutory register of lobbyists
July - September 2017
- website: gkstrategy.com
- Address: Ground Floor, 32-34 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 2DB
- Laws leaps into lobbying with GK Strategy job PAN, May 2017
- London agencies join global public affairs network, PAN, 18 September 2017
- Brexit, GK Strategy website, accessed Nov 2017