Stephen Byfield is the head of Newgate Communications public affairs practice in Brussels and London.
In November 2014 Portal Communications, which includes Newgate Communications, Redleaf Polhill and Thirteen Communications and is run by David Wright, bought PPS Group for £6.2 million - paid for in cash and shares in Porta Communications. The deal meant PPS would be merging with Newgate and Byfield would become head of Newgate's public affairs practice in London and Brussels.
On the deal Byfield said:
- 'PPS has been independent for nearly 25 years. We have achieved great things in that time but an injection of fresh capital and thinking is just what we need to foster our growth and innovation.'
- Phone: 07836 611503 or 0203 757 6765
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.
- Daniel Farey-Jones Porta buys PPS for £6.2m to strengthen Newgate operation PR Week, 11 November 2014, accessed 10 March 2015
- Prolific North PPS Group bought by Porta Communications for £6.2m, 11 November 2014, accessed 10 March 2015