Energy UK is the trade association for the energy industry. It was set up in 2012, after the Energy Retail Association, Association of Electricity Producers and UK Business Council for Sustainable Energy merged.
It says it provides “a source of expert advice on industry matters” and works “to enhance the industry's reputation with customers and with the communities it serves”.
Senior staff are: 
- Lawrence Slade, Chief Executive since July 2015. He was Energy UK's first Chief Operating Officer when it was formed in 2012.
- Barbara Vest, Director of generation
- Rosie McGlynn, Director of New Energy Services
- Audrey Gallacher, Director of Retail Energy Supply
- Christine McGourty, former director of communications and public affairs, and now corporate director at British Gas. 
- Angela Knight, chief executive, stepped down in 2015
- Clare Dudeney, former director of strategic policy
- Sir David Arculus, also sits on the boards of Pearson, the owner of the Financial Times, Telefonica and Hassium Asset Management.
Former board members
- Lord Spicer, Energy UK chairman until a former Parliamentary Under-Secretary at the Department of Energy during the premiership of Margaret Thatcher.
Views on nuclear
It adds that following the Fukushima disaster in 2011, the Office for Nuclear Regulation concluded that the “direct causes of the nuclear accident in Japan were far beyond the most extreme events the UK could expect to experience. He therefore found that there was no reason to stop the operation of nuclear power plants or other nuclear facilities in the UK.” 
More than 70 companies are members, including law firms and consultants: 
ABB | AES UK | Alderney Renewable Energy | Alpiq Swisstrade | Alstom Grid | Alstom Power Service UK | APX-ENDEX | Barking Power | Biossence | Bircham Dyson Bell | British Gas | Campbell Dallas | Carron Energy | Centrica Energy | Chubu Electric Power Co | Corby Power | CR Foster & Partners | Deloitte | DONG Energy | Doosan Power Systems | Drax Power | E.ON UK | EDF Energy | EDF Trading | Eggborough Power | Electricity Supply Board International | Environ | Fichtner Consulting Engineers | First Utility | Francis Graves | Garbhaig Hydro Power Company | Good Energy | Green Frog Power | Guernsey Electricity | HETCO | InterGen | International Power | Inver Farmers | Jersey Electricity Company | KEMA | Lane Clark and Peacock | Local Waste Solutions | Logica UK | Manx Electricity Authority | Marsh | MGT Power | Mott Macdonald | National Grid | Natural Power | Nuclear Decommissioning Authority | Optimum Energy | Opus Energy | Partnerships for Renewables | Phillips 66 European Power Limited | Pöyry Energy Consulting | Renewable Energy Systems (RES) | RenewableUK | Rio Tinto | Alcan | RWE npower | ScottishPower | Squire Sanders Hammonds | SSE | Stag Energy | Tanaris | Tata Steel Europe | Tokyo Electric Power Company | Voith Hydro Wavegen | Wood Mackenzie
See: Fracking Spads
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.
- Vicky Ellis, New energy trade body kicks off, Energy Live News, 2 April 2012
- About us, Energy UK, undated, accessed 29 January 2013
- About our staff, Energy UK, undated, accessed 21 October 2016
- Energy UK's Christine McGourty takes British Gas corporate affairs role, PR Week, July 24 2013. Accessed 20 October 2016
- Nuclear power, Energy UK, undated, accessed 29 January 2013
- About our members, Energy UK, undated, accessed 29 January 2013
- Register 1 September 2014 - 30 November 2014 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015
- ref needed
- Connect Communications clients, Register 1 Dec 2015 - Feb 2016, APPC, accessed 15 April 2016