In April 2012 she announced she would step down in July after five years as "the voice of banking and financial services" during the most tumultuous period in the industry's history. She is now chief executive of the new trade body Energy UK, which was set up in April to represent 70 companies in the energy sector, 'from small electricity generators and energy services companies to large vertically-integrated utilities'. 
Knight became a non-executive director of LogicaCMG in December 2002, having been a non-executive director of Logica since July 1999.
She was chief executive of the Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers (APCIMS) from September 1997 to December 2006. She was deputy chairman of Scottish Widows and a non-executive director of Lloyds TSB plc and a trust member of the Port of London Authority.
Knight is a non-executive director on the boards of:
- International Financial Services London (IFSL)
- Brewin Dolphin plc and the
- Financial Services Skills Council
- Tullett Prebon - appointed as a non-executive director in September 2011
- Angela Knight appointed Chief Executive of Energy UK, undated, acc 24 June 2012
- Dods Monitoring, New Appointmentswww.politicshome.com, accessed 21 December 2015
- Staff - Angela Knight, LogicaCMG, Accessed 2nd August 2007