'National Grid plc is an international energy delivery business, whose principal activities are in the regulated electricity and gas industries. In the UK it owns and operates the high-voltage electricity transmission network in England and Wales, and Britain's natural gas transportation system. In the US it is one of the top ten electricity companies, with the largest electricity transmission and distribution network in the New England/New York region. In the US National Grid has a long history of implementing award winning energy efficiency programmes.'  They stand to profit significantly from changes to the transmission system needed for a transition to alternative energies.
- Sir John Parker - Chairman, since October 2002 following merger with Lattice Group, of which he was previously chair (since 2000). Also Vice chair of DP World Dubai, Chairman Mondi plc, Chairman Anglo American plc. Previously chair of Court of the Bank of England, member of Prime Minister's Business Council for Britain and non-exec director of Carnival Corporation and EADS Airbus. Career has included engineering, shipbuilding and defence industries.
- Steve Holliday - Chief Executive. Appointed 2001. Previously Borneo oil and Gas and Lattice Group.
- Steve Lucas - Finance Director. Appointed October 2002. Had been Executive Director, Finance of Lattice Group plc. Previously Treasurer of BG Group plc having joined British Gas plc in 1994. Prior was with Shell for 11 years. Non-executive Director of Compass Group PLC.
- Nick Winser - Executive Director. Joined National Grid Company plc in 1993.Previously with Powergen since 1991 as principal negotiator on commercial matters, having joined the Central Electricity Generating Board in 1983.Non-executive Director of Kier Group PLC and co-Chair of the Energy Research Partnership.
- Tom King (Energy Executive) Tom King - Executive Director. Appointed August 2007. Previously President of PG&E Corporation and Chairman and CEO of Pacific Gas and Electric Company from 2003 to 2007. Previously Kinder Morgan Energy Partners and Enron.
- Mark Fairbairn - Executive Director
- Ken Harvey - Non-executive Director and Senior Independent Director
- Linda Adamany - Non-executive Director
- John Allan - Non-executive Director
- Stephen Pettit - Non-executive Director
- Maria Richter - Non-executive Director
- George Rose - Non-executive Director
- Philip Aiken - Non-executive Director
- Helen Mahy - Company Secretary & General Counsel
- Thom Thorp - starting January 2017. Previously worked at the global pharmaceuticals company Lilly for almost a decade. 
- In 2008 it was listed as a client of Four Communications.
- In 2011 it was listed as a client of Bell Pottinger Public Affairs. 
National Grid have 20 lobbyists working on EU issues with 3 of these holding European Parliament passes, allowing the bearer virtually unlimited access to the Parliament's buildings. Despite the high amount of lobbyists, the company registered less than €500,000 of lobby expenses in the year up to March 2014.
- National Grid has been a donor to the Science Media Centre in 2012 and 2013 according to the SMC.
- Legal firm Berwin Leighton Paisner acts as National Grid's legal adviser on commercial, construction and litigation matters
- UKBCSE BCSE Members, BCSE homepage. accessed 12/02/09
- National Grid, BoardSir John Parker Accessed 9/11/09
- National Grid, BoardSteve Lucas Accessed 9/11/09
- National Grid, BoardNick Winser Accessed 9/11/09
- Sam Burne James , National Grid brings in new UK corporate affairs chief from drug giant Lilly], PR Week, accessed 6 December 2016.
- Register 1st September 2014 - 30th November 2014 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015
- Agency Register September to November 2014 PRCA, accessed 25 March 2015
- Register Entry for 1 September 2008 to 30 November 2008 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015
- Our clients, acc 12 December 2011
- Data from Internet Archive holdings of the Science Media Centre website, 2002-2013.
- Aug 2012 http://web.archive.org/web/20120922235445/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- Aug 2013 Science Media Centre, 'Funding' August 2013 screengrab of http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/about-us/funding/, taken 16 August 2013.