Career in brief
- 1974 Joined army, 21 SAS
- 1976 Sandhurst, Scots Guards
- 1982 Falklands. Becomes major in :1985
- 1986-87 Company commander in Northern Ireland
- 1990 Joint planning group Desert Storm
- 1991 Military assistant to Gen Peter de la Billière
- 1991-93 Special Forces
- 1994 MA for Gen Sir Michael Rose in Sarajevo
- 1996 Leaves army. Sets up Sandline International
- 1997 Arrested during military coup in Papua New Guinea, which prevents Sandline intervention in Bougainville conflict.
- 1998 Arms to Africa Affair. Testifies to House of Commons over Sandline intervention in Sierra Leone.
- 2002 Chief executive, Aegis Defence Services
- 2004 Aegis wins major US security contract in Iraq.
- 2007 Aegis Iraq contract renewed.
- Robert Baer, Iraq's Mercenary King, Vanity Fair, April 2007
- Stephen Armstrong, The enforcer, The Guardian, 20 May 2006.
- Pratap Chatterjee, Give War a Chance: The Life and Times of Tim Spicer, Corpwatch, 9 June 2004.