Diabetes UK is a charity working for "people with diabetes, funding research, campaigning and helping people live with the condition. [...]We represent the interests of people with diabetes by lobbying the government for better standards of care and the best quality of life. Diabetes UK spends up to £6.5 million on research". Diabetes UK uses services of Ipsos MORI.
Although there is no disclosure of the corporate sponsorship in the annual financial reports and the website of Diabetes UK, its connection to the pharmaceutical industry is more explicit on the Strategic Alliance website. It is the alliance between pharmaceutical companies such as Sanofi-Aventis, GSK, Pfizer and Diabetes UK. According to its website The Strategic Alliance "was established to explore potential joint initiatives that would drive delivery of diabetes policy in order to enhance the quality of diabetes care & improve outcomes for people with diabetes."  The representative of the charity Bridget Turner described the alliance as being free of commercial interest, "a non-commercial body with labour/funding contributed equally in a four way split between the three pharma companies and the charity". The website of the Strategic Alliance does not provide exhaustive contact information apart from one enquiry email address.
Eli Lilly and Company Limited
GlaxoSmithKline's 2001 Annual Report lists Diabetes UK as among the recipients in 2000 of "approximately £100,000" for "medical research".
Diabetes UK is reported to have received financial support from Bristol-Myers Squibb for the period 2005 to 2007
PR, Lobbying and Business Intelligence firms
- ↑ http://www.diabetes.org.uk/About_us/How-we-are-governed/Legal-and-financial-information/Report_and_financial_information/
- ↑ http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Documents/About%20Us/Financial%20Statement06FINAL.pdf
- ↑ http://www.diabetesplanning.org
- ↑ http://www.diabetesplanning.org/index.php?country=3
- ↑ New UK charity/pharma funded diabetes website aims to raise disease awareness and funding APM Health Europe, March 30, 2006
- ↑ "Global community partnerships", GlaxoSmithKline website, accessed February 2009.
- ↑ Bristol-Myers Squibb Bristol-Myers Squibb and its financial relationship with patient groups and charitable organisations Accessed 12th February 2008
- ↑ Incisive Health Clients, accessed 25 June 2015.