David Snoxell is a British diplomat who has had two spells of service in propaganda departments. Notably his first spell is listed as being between 1970 and 1973 in the 'Information Department' of the Foreign Office, a department which only came into existence in the early 1980s as the succossor to the Overseas Information Department which was itself the replacement for the covert Information Research Department closed down by David Owen as Foreign Secretary in 1978.
- David Snoxell has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Mauritius in succession to James Daly who will be retiring from the Diplomatic Service. Mr Snoxell will take up his new appointment in September 2000.
Full Name: David Raymond Snoxell Date of Birth: 18 November 1944 Marital Status: Married Children: 2 sons (1972; 1977), 1 daughter (1973)
- 1997-2000 DAKAR (Ambassador)
- 1994-97 FCO (African Department (Southern))
- 1993-94 FCO (Drugs and International Crime Department)
- 1991-93 FCO (NarcoticsAids Department)
- 1986-91 NEW YORK (British Information Services) (Director)
- 1984-86 FCO (Economic Relations Department)
- 1981-84 FCO (Republic of Ireland Department)
- 1976-81 GENEVA (UK Mission) (Third later Second Secretary)
- 1973-76 ISLAMABAD (Attache)
- 1970-73 FCO (Information Department)
- 1969-70 FCO (United Nations Department)
- 1969 Entered FCO
- Hermes Database July 4, 2000 Foreign And Commonwealth Office Fco Daily Bulletin - Tuesday 4 July 2000