BioNews, an e-mail newsletter and website founded by Juliet Tizzard in 1999, originated from Progress in Reproduction, the in-house journal of the Progress Educational Trust (PET). According to their Twitter page, BioNews provides "news & independent comment on genetics, fertility treatment, embryo/stem cell research & related areas."
According to their website, "BioNews remains entirely dependent on voluntary donations and sponsorship."
- Sarah Norcross, Commissioning Editor, PET Director, Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority's National Donation Strategy Group member
- Norcross is a member of the project advisory group at Frank Furedi's University of Kent, Centre for Parenting Culture Studies.
- Originally a science journalist, Brooks worked with Euromedica and CTPartners as a headhunter for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Blackburn-Starza is a PhD student at Frank Furedi's University of Kent. He worked as a policy officer at the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority, an events organiser at Médecins Sans Frontières. He defends that "Britain is languishing behind other European countries in the number of IVF cycles provided for infertile couples and Brits are three times less likely to undergo IVF than those living in Denmark and Belgium."
- Siobhan Chan, Genetics Editor
- Dr Jess Buxton, Contributing Editor
- Dr Kirsty Horsey, Contributing Editor
- Ailsa Stevens, Contributing Editor
- Dr Lux Fatimathas, Contributing Editor
- Dr Gabrielle Samuel, volunteer writer
- Dr Rebecca Hill, former editor
- Chris Chatterton, former editor
- Dr Vivienne Raper, former editor
- Progress Educational Trust
- 140 Gray's Inn Road
- London WC1X 8AX
- United Kingdom
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7278 7870
- Website: http://www.bionews.org.uk/
- E-mail: snorcross AT progress.org.uk
- Twitter: @BioNewsUK