Stance on fracking
Turner’s constituency includes five oil and gas licence blocks awarded to energy companies by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. The blocks cover about half of the Isle of Wight.
All five contracts went to Angus Energy, partner of UK Oil and Gas Investments.  Across these blocks, there are plans to conduct '2D seismic surveying' and drill five new shale wells. No applications are underway yet.
Turner has consistently voted against greater regulations on the fracking industry, except with regards to national parks and other environmentally sensitive areas. 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He also voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted against requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted against loosening the regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks. On this vote, Turner voiced concern that the proposals were insufficient saying:
- 'I voted against the proposals. Although the Government has listened to concerns raised and made a number of concessions, I do not believe that they go far enough to protect environmentally sensitive areas such as [areas of outstanding natural beauty]. I also have concerns about the rights of property owners who would have no say over fracking activity which took place under their land and homes. This is particularly important in areas of geographical instability such as the Isle of Wight.' 
- Carole Dennett - Provides marketing services to Parkes Brown. 
- Denise Dorley-Brown 
- Sofia Hornfeldt 
- Mr Andrew Turner, www.parliament.uk, accessed 24 August 2013.
- Andrew Turner Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Andrew Turner, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 15 November 2016
- James Woolven, Fracking possible at Isle of Wight beauty spots after MPs vote, Isle of White County Press, 17 December 2015, accessed 15 November 2016.
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 25 April 2016