(Redirected from Philips UK)
Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Royal Philips, commonly known as Philips) is a Dutch technology company headquartered in Amsterdam with primary divisions focused in the areas of electronics, healthcare and lighting.
The report concluded:
- It scores well in the Energy criteria for third-party verified disclosure of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of its own operations, and for progress to reduce its GHG emissions. Its short-term targets to increase energy efficiency by 25% and increase use of renewable energy to the level needed to achieve its 2% carbon footprint reduction target end this year. New longer-term targets beyond 2012 – GHG reduction by a further 30% by 2015, and to use 100% renewable electricity by 2020 – are needed. The company loses much of its previous advocacy score, as it has been relatively silent on climate advocacy in the past twelve months.
- On Products, Philips has a number of products free from polyvinyl chloride plastic (PVC) and brominated frame retardants (BFRs), as well as six phthalates and antimony. Although Philips no longer sells TVs, it was the first company to release a PVC/BFR-free TV, the Econova LED TV. It needs to commit to phase out exempted uses of beryllium and all phthalates. Philips needs to specify post-consumer recycled plastic, and to report the percentage it currently uses. Philips fails to score points on product life cycle, as it does not publicly disclose the warranty and spare parts availability for its main product lines.
- Philips scores the best in the Sustainable Operations criteria, for its policy and practice on conflict minerals, and has disclosed mapped smelters or suppliers. There is room for improvement in its chemicals policy and management with advocacy on restrictions of hazardous substances. Philips’ take-back and recycling programme must expand beyond the pilot project stage, in particular to countries where e-waste legislation is not in place. The company also lacks a sustainable paper procurement policy.
- Frans van Houten - President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) / Chairman of the Board of Management since April 2011.
- Abhijit Bhattacharya - Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / Member of the Board of Management since December 2015.
- Jean Botti - Executive Vice President & Chief Innovation and Strategy Officer.
- Marnix van Ginneken - Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer.
- Denise Haylor - Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Ronald de Jong - Executive Vice President & Chief Market Leader
- Pieter Nota - Executive Vice President & Chief Executive Officer of Personal Health, Chief Marketing Officer, Member of the Board of Management since April 2011.
- Jeroen van der Veer - Chairman / Chairman of the Corporate Governance and Nomination & Selection Committee / Member of the Supervisory Board since 2009; second term expires in 2017.
- Neelam Dhawan - Member of the Supervisory Board since 2012; second term expires in 2020.
- Orit Gadiesh - Member of the Supervisory Board since 2014; first term expires in 2018.
- Christine Poon - Vice-chairman and Secretary / Chairman of the Quality & Regulatory Committee / Member of the Supervisory Board since 2009; second term expires in 2017.
- Heino von Prondzynski - Chairman of the Remuneration Committee / Member of the Supervisory Board since 2007; third term expires in 2019.
- David Pyott - Member of the Supervisory Board since 2015; first term expires in 2019.
- Jackson Tai - Chairman of Audit Committee / Member of the Supervisory Board since 2011; second term expires in 2019.
- Philips Company Overview, www.philips.co.uk, accessed on 7 July 2016.
- 'Guide to Greener Electronics', Greenpeace, accessed on 7 July 2016.
- 'Guide to Greener Electronics' - Philips Report Card, Greenpeace, accessed on 7 July 2016.
- 'Executive Committee', www.philips.co.uk, accessed on 7 July 2016.
- 'Supervisory Board', www.philips.co.uk, accessed on 7 July 2016.
- Data from Internet Archive holdings of the Science Media Centre website, 2002-2013.