Sugar Nutrition UK
SNU looks to improve knowledge and understanding about the contributions of sugar and other carbohydrates to a healthy balanced diet. In order to do this they fund scientific research around the UK, they communicate science-based information on all aspects of sugar and health and other nutritional topics, to the media, health professionals, consumers, academics, industry and the Government. 
- Director - Alison Boyd PhD, BSc, RD, RNutr : has vast experience and knowledge in the nutrition industry and thus was appointed as director in 2007. She is also a member of the British Dietetic Association, Nutrition Society, European Association for the Study of Diabetes and Diabetes UK. She also sits on the Scientific and Communications Committee of the World Sugar Research Organisation.
- Nutrition research manager - Katie Newens PhD, MBiol, RNutr (currently on maternity leave)
- Nutrition research manager - Joanna Grinsted BSc (Hons), RNutr : her work has focused on disseminating research and information within the food industry. She is a Registered Nutritionist and is a member of the Nutrition Society, the Nutritionists in Industry group and the Association for the Study of Obesity.
- Communications manager - Chris Abbell : is a communications professional with broad experience in health, nutrition, corporate and political communications.
- Nutrition information manager - Jane Hodgson BSc (Hons), ANutr : she has experience of promoting health and wellbeing initiatives within community groups and is registered as an associate nutritionist. She is also a member of the Nutrition Society, the Nutritionists in Industry group and the Association for the Study of Obesity. 
Affiliations, Resources, Contact, Notes
- Jane Cassidy OBSERVATIONS: Lobby Watch The Sugar Bureau BMJ 2012; 344 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.d8315 (Published 4 January 2012)
- John Yudkin 'Attack is the best defence' Chapter 21 in Pure White and Deadly Penguin, 1988.
- Who's Lobbying Sugar Nutrition UK
- Sugar Nutrition UK NEWS & PRESS RELEASES: SUGAR NUTRITION UK – THE NEW NAME FOR THE SUGAR BUREAU January 2012
- Sugar Nutrition UK Home page, accessed 28 April 2013
- What we do Sugar Nutrition UK, accessed 2 April 2015
- Who we are Sugar Nutrition UK, accessed 20 March 2015
- TAG Sugar Nutrition Bureau - Brand Identity, accessed 28 April 2013
- WSRO WSRO Members accessed 28 April 2013