The Sugar Bureau was a UK industry-funded organisation set up in 1964 to improve 'knowledge and understanding about the contributions of sugar and other carbohydrates to a healthy balanced diet'. The Bureau changed its name to Sugar Nutrition UK on 9 January 2012.
According to the Bureau in 2001: 'It is funded principally by British Sugar and Tate and Lyle, with smaller contributions from Irish Sugar and the UK sugar merchants association.' In 2006 this statement changed to read 'It is funded principally by UK sugar manufacturers.' 
In 2001 it stated that 'Since 1990, The Sugar Bureau has been involved in promoting nutrition research and raising awareness among academics, health professionals, the media and the public about the role of sugars in the diet.'
- Richard Cottrell Director
- Hannah Theobald Consumer Communications Manager
- Alison Boyd Research Director
- Anna Wheeler Health Professionals Communication Manager
- Joanna Grinsted Information Manager
Contact, Affiliations, Resources, Notes
- Circa 2009
- 25 Floral Street
- WC2E 9DS
- Tel +44 (0)20 7189 8301
- Fax +44 (0)20 7031 8101
Web: Web Archive holdings of www.sugar-bureau.co.uk
- Jane Cassidy OBSERVATIONS: Lobby Watch The Sugar Bureau BMJ 2012; 344 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.d8315 (Published 4 January 2012)
- Benjamin Mee Pure, white and no longer quite so deadly... Sugar, once thought of as second only to alcohol in the hate-stakes, is being rehabilitated. The Guardian, Tuesday 5 January 1999.
- David Miller and Claire Harkins,Sugar, Industry documents and research on corporate influences on addiction, Addiction and Lifestyles in Contemporary Europe Reframing Addictions Project (ALICE RAP), 28 April 2013
- John Yudkin 'Attack is the best defence' Chapter 21 in Pure White and Deadly Penguin, 1988.
- Sugar Nutrition UK NEWS & PRESS RELEASES: SUGAR NUTRITION UK – THE NEW NAME FOR THE SUGAR BUREAU January 2012
- Sugar Bureau About Us, retrieved from the Internet archive of 6 March 2001, accessed 28 April 2013.
- Sugar Bureau About Us, Retrieved from the Internet Archive of 27 September 2006 on 28 April 2013
- Sugar Bureau Contact Us retrieved from the Internet Archive of 25 July 2009 on 28 April 2013