In May 2015 he was appointed deputy chairman of the Conservative Party.
Halfon retained his seat in the 2015 general election with a majority of 8,350. 
He was appointed minister without portfolio at the Cabinet Office in May 2015.
Halfon's website stated in 2007:
- Robert is an adviser to a number of Conservative organizations and is currently Political Director of Conservative Friends of Israel. He has previously worked as Chief of Staff to Oliver Letwin and as a consultant to business. Robert is also an author having written essays for books and articles on subjects as diverse as Social Justice, Russia, Conservatism, and Corporate Responsibility.
- Robert is a Roydon Parish Councillor and a former Governor of Passmores School. He has fought Harlow twice as Conservative Parliamentary Candidate (in 2001 and 2005). He is a Patron of the Harlow Homeless Centre.
- At the 2005 election, Robert lost by just 97 votes after three recounts. Harlow Constituency is now the third most marginal in the country having had a Labour majority of 10,500 in 1997.
- Robert has also stood for Council and was active in Conservative Students when at Exeter University. 
Special advisers and aides
- Maria Strizzolo, chief of staff
- About Robert, roberthalfon.com, 3 February 2012
- ITV News Halfon named Conservative Party deputy chairman, 11 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- General Election: Harlow MP Robert Halfon almost doubles his majority Herts & Essex Observer, 8 May 2015, accessed 14 May 2015
- Robert Halfon From his personal website, accessed 9 September 2007.