Rishi Sunak has been the Conservative Party Member of Parliament for Richmond (Yorks) since May 2015,replacing former foreign secretary William Hague after his retirement from politics that same year. 
Sunak was appointed parliamentary under secretary of state at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government on 9 January 2018. Before this, he was a parliamentary private secretary at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy from June 2017.
He has a background in business and finance. 
Stance on frackingOil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. One was awarded to INEOS and one to Third Energy. There are plans for 2D seismic surveying, but no applications or plans for shale wells were underway in 2016. 
Voting record on fracking and climate change
- 16 December 2015: voted for greater restrictions on fracking to extract shale gas in National Parks, the Broads, areas of outstanding natural beauty, World Heritage sites, and near points where water is abstracted for domestic and food production purposes.
- Has consistently voted against measures to prevent climate change.
- Richmond MP Rishi Sunak: “I’ve got big boots to fill” ITV News, 8 May 2015, accessed 29 May 2015
- Rishi Sunak MP, Gov.Uk, accessed 30 May 2018
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 30 May 2018.
- TheyWorkForYou, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 1 June 2018.
- Richmond (Yorks) parliamentary constituency BBC News, 8 May 2015, accessed 29 May 2015