Preparing for Power
| LM network resources
Preparing for Power was a pamphlet version of the RCP manifesto produced in July 1983 just after the June 1983 General Election and republished in a second and third edition in November 1983 and August 1984. The text first saw the light of day in the June 1983 'election special' issue of the party paper The next step.
The party stood four candidates in the General Election in Birmingham, Sheffield, London and Ashton-under-Lyme.
- Constituency | Candidate | Party | Votes | % 
- ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE | D.P. Hallsworth | Rev CP | 407 | 1.0
- BIRMINGHAM, SPARKBROOK | Miss F. Eden | Rev CP | 281 | 0.9
- SHEFFIELD, CENTRAL | Miss C. Barrett | Rev CP | 226 | 0.5
- SOUTHWARK, SOUTHWARK and BERMONDSEY | A. Farehk | Rev CP | 54 | 0.2
The title 'Preparing for Power' was also used for the annual party conference until at least 1990.
- Preparing for Power: The Programme of the Revolutionary Communist Party, London: Junius Publications, first published July 1983, Second ed. November 1983, Third ed, August 1984. ISBN 0 9508404 2 4
- Preparing for Power 1989
- Preparing for Power 1990
- The next step Revolutionary Communist Party [UK], June 1983, No. 36, 16pp. (A3)
- Compiled from data at: ENGLAND - - - BOROUGHS - ALDRIDGE-BROWNHILLS to LEEDS, WEST; ENGLAND - - - BOROUGHS - LEICESTER, EAST to YORK; LONDON - - - BOROUGHS