| LM network resources
Leech attended the Laurence Jackson School in Guisborough, North Yorkshire and later the City of London Polytechnic circa 1981. David Osler a contemporary of Leech at the City of London Polytechnic notes that 'contemporaries remember a charismatic and charming young man'.
Leech stood in the 1987 General Election in the Newcastle Central Constituency for the RCP. In 1990 he was 'national organiser' for the Irish Freedom Movement. He was also for a number of years the RCP's man in Scotland, writing articles in LM on Scottish issues between March 1992 and March 1993. The last article under the byline Kirk Williams appeared in Living Marxism in April 1993. It was more than six years before Leech reappeared in what had by then become LM. In October 1999 he presented material gathered in India on the Normada Dam including an interview with the pro-GM lobbyist Chengal Reddy.
In 2003 Leech, then employed as a teacher in London, was quoted criticising changes in geographical teaching:
- Kirk Leech, a geography teacher at Centre Academy, in London, agrees. "Geography as I learnt it at university is far from what we are encouraged to teach today. It used to mean atlases, floods and rocks. Today pupils are taught about species loss, global warming and citizenship. Geography has become an ethics lesson and a means to moralise about the world."
In 2005 Leech started working as a 'project officer' for Research Defence Society an organisation set up to defend vivisection. Later he referred to himself as a 'project manager' and he worked with RDS until 2011 during which time the organisation underwent a name change, rebranding itself as Understanding Animal Research.
In 2008 Leech was described as studying at Kings College London. He was said to be 'undertaking postgraduate research in development and environment... on the impact of global environmental concerns on state sovereignty'.
In 2008 Leech spoke at the Battle of Ideas Festival on 'Irish History: don't mention the war' on Saturday 1 November, 10.30am until 12.00pm, Lecture Theatre 2, Royal College of Art, Kensington Gore, London. Leech was listed as 'former leading member of the British based Irish Freedom Movement.' Other speakers included Kevin Bean Lecturer in Irish Politics, Institute of Irish Studies, University of Liverpool;
In 2011 Leech took up a post as a lobbyist at the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
- 1987 RCP election candidate
- Circa 1990 Irish Freedom Movement national organiser
- 2005-2008 Research Defence Society 'Project manager'
- Circa 2007 Rising East 
- 2008-2011 Understanding Animal Research 
- 2011- present Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Kirk Leech, 'Why moralism spoils the appetite', Spiked, 24 February 2012.
- Kirk Leech, Can a gold mine save a village? Huffington Post, 30 September 2011.
- Kirk Leech, 'Uncovered: the elite’s view of white America', Spiked, Wednesday 16 July 2008.
- Kirk Leech, 'Jesse Helms and the crisis of the GOP', Spiked, Thursday 10 July 2008.
- Kirk Leech, 'Obama: wind of change or feeble breeze?', Spiked, Wednesday 2 July 2008.
- Kirk Leech, 'The way to save tigers is to farm tigers', Spiked, Thursday 19 June 2008.
- Kirk Leech, 'Burma: a deluge of moral posturing', Spiked, Monday 12 May 2008.
- Kirk Leech, 'Reply Letters and emails: Pressure on Burma to allow in aid', The Guardian (London) - Final Edition May 8, 2008 Thursday, GUARDIAN LEADER PAGES; Pg. 31.
- Kirk Leech, 'Letter: Digging for accuracy in PBS film on mine' Wall Street Journal, September 13, 2007 Thursday, Section A; Column 5; Pg. 15.
- Kirk Leech, 'Mine your own business', Spiked, Monday 6 November 2006.
- Kirk Leech, 'If the gold mine doesn’t happen, our village will die', Spiked, Monday 2 October 2006.
- Kirk Leech, 'Toxic China?', Spiked, March, 2006.
- Martin Hodgson, 'Building in the light', Guardian (UK), April 28, 2004. (Kirk Leech quoted).
- Kirk Leech, 'The Ravage of India', April 2004.
- Kirk Leech, 'Can Mainstream Cope With All Our Children?', The Times Educational Supplement January 9, 2004, No.4565; Pg.49.
- Kirk leech, 'Palestinian pawns',Spiked Online, October 18, 2001.
- Kirk Leech, 'Palestine after 11 September',Spiked, October 5, 2001.
- Kirk Leech, Natural conflicts of interest', Architects Journal, September 20, 2001.
- Kirk Leech, 'Extinct arguments', Spiked, Thursday 30 August 2001.
- Kirk Leech, 'TB: what to do?', Spiked, Tuesday 7 August 2001.
- Jacqui Craig reports on Kirk Leech's film of the Shoolpaneshwar sanctuary in Gujarat, India. 'Conservation versus development', Spiked, August 2, 2001.
- Kirk Leech, 'On training in India', Spiked, Thursday 29 March 2001.
- Kirk Leech, "Wenn der Westen "hilft" und nichts als Leiden bringt" Novo vol. 55, 2001.
- Kirk Leech, ''Dam campaigns', Spiked, Thursday 8 March 2001.
- Kirk Leech, 'This sanctuary is a prison', Spiked, February 7, 2001.
- Interviews by Kirk Leech 'Our lives changed and it has changed for the better' Reproduced from LM issue 124, October 1999 Original URL: http://www.informinc.co.uk/LM/LM124/LM124_Waterfield.html
- Kirk Leech 'Let Prince Charles travel by bullock cart when he comes to India', Interview with Chengal Reddy listed as 'president of the Andhra Pradesh Farmers' Association'. Reproduced from LM issue 124, October 1999 Original URL: http://www.informinc.co.uk/LM/LM124/LM124_Waterfield.html
- Ian Scott and Kirk Williams, 'From Hoover to Leyland-DAF: responses to redundancy', Living Marxism, No. 54 - April 1993, p. 18.
- Kirk Williams, 'The Fettesgate affair', Living Marxism, No. 53 - March 1993, p. 36.
- Kirk Williams, 'The Mafia' Living Marxism, No. 47 - September 1992.
- Kirk Williams, 'Scotland's opposition', Living Marxism, No. 44 - June 1992, p. 30.
- Kirk Williams, 'The importance of being Scottish', Living Marxism, No. 42 - April 1992.
- Kirk Williams, 'Scotland: what is not happening', Living Marxism, No. 41 - March 1992, p. 16.
- Kirk Williams, 'This is heavy metal', Living Marxism, No. 16 - February 1990, p. 44.
- Kirk Williams, 'Death row in Brixton jail', Living Marxism, No. 16 - February 1990, p. 38.
- Kirk Williams, 'NF - No future', Living Marxism, No. 7 - May 1989, p. 37.
- LinkedIn Kirk Leech, accessed 22 August 2013
- Nick Holdsworth, 'GOW A LEGITIMATE TARGET - SINN FEIN', Press Association, August 11, 1990, Saturday.
- Institute of Ideas Special Event - Sunday 15 March: Return of the IRA?
- "Articles by Kirk Leech", Spiked website, accessed 2 May 2010
- 'Kirk Leech' Huffington Post website, accessed 6 October 2013
- Friends Reunited Laurence Jackson School, accessed 22 August 2013
- David Osler Old Trots: where are they now? 2, davespartblog, accessed 22 August 2013
- FKirk Leech 'Let Prince Charles travel by bullock cart when he comes to India', Interview with Chengal Reddy, LM issue 124, October 1999
- Is geography brainwashing?, The Independent, Education pages, Thursday, 6 February 2003
- Kirk Leech Can mainstream cope with all our children? TES Newspaper 9 January, 2004 Last Updated: 11 May, 2008.
- Fw: RDS, 'Animal research - winning the debate' symposium, London on Thursday 21 February 2008, Myotubular_Myopathy · A HealthShare Group support community, Yahoogroups, Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:31 pm
- Kirk Leech Obama: wind of change or feeble breeze?, Spiked 2 July 2008
- Fora TV Kirk Leech, accessed 22 August 2013
- Mick Fealty Irish History: Don't mention the war? Oct. 20, 2008 (Slugger O'Toole delivered by Newstex)
- Lobbying: a dirty business?, Sunday 20 October, 9.30am until 10.15am, Conservatory Economic solutions?], acc 27 March 2014
- 'STICKING BY THE TIGER', Indian Express, July 21, 2008 Monday
- Profile Kirk Leech Battle of Ideas