Sir Jeremy Heywood is the UK Cabinet Secretary.
Hosted fracking dinner
On 9 May 2013 Heywood was one of two senior government officials who hosted a dinner organised by the Office of Unconventional Gas and Oil, DECC 'to discuss the issues relating to the development of unconventional gas and oil in Lancashire and nationally'. The other host was Stephen Lovegrove, Permanent Secretary of DECC.
The dinner was held at the Dickson Room, Preston Marriott, Broughton. Confirmed attendees included:
- Ken Cronin – Chief Executive, UK Onshore Operators Group (UKOOG)
- Francis Egan – CEO, Cuadrilla Resources
- Duarte Figueira – Head, Office of Unconventional Gas & Oil, DECC
- Peter Forsyth – Director, Strategy & Investment, Carillion
- Tony Grayling – Head of Environment Policy, Environment Agency
- Phil Halsall – CEO, Lancashire County Council
- Calum MacLean – Chairman, Ineos O&P Europe
- Simon Toole – Head, Licensing, Exploration and Development, DECC
- Nicholas Watt and Patrick Wintour, Cabinet secretary dragged into row over lobbying and Tory strategist, The Guardian, 23 July 2013.
- James Cusick, Oliver Wright, Cabinet Secretary dragged into Edward Snowden row, The Independent, 20 August 2013.