|Part of the Powerbase Brexit Portal.|
Dechert says its London lawyers combine 'legal, strategic and public affairs [aka lobbying] expertise' to advocate their clients' interests.
It says it can help solve 'regulatory and trade challenges even before regulations have been conceived and adopted'.
The firm says it is working with 'a range of industry bodies and businesses' on Brexit, helping them to: 'develop their positions; translate their priorities into an advocacy strategy; and plan ahead for the different potential outcomes to be faced on 29 March 2019.
Dechert's Brexit team includes (as of Nov 2017):
- Miriam Gonzalez Durantez, co-chair of Dechert’s international trade and government regulation practice, and the wife of former deputy prime minister Nick Clegg
- Andrew Hood, senior director at Dechert. A qualified barrister with extensive international and EU law expertise, Hood joined the firm in February 2016 directly from his role as the Legal Advisor to then Prime Minister David Cameron and as Head of International and EU Law at the Attorney General’s Office.
- Roger Matthews, International trade and EU lawyer; former legal adviser to the Treasury.
- Richard Tauwhare, a former senior UK diplomat with over 30 years’ experience
Dechert says its 'International Trade and Government Regulation' team includes trade and investment lawyers and public affairs experts, many of whom are former EU Commission officials, national regulators or World Trade Organisation trade negotiators.
- Website: www.dechert.com
- London address: 160 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4QQ