British Freedom Party
Counterjihad London conference 2011
The party's website reported on its attendance at the conference on its website:
- This was a golden opportunity for party representatives to meet, socialise and discuss with leading international figures, including the creators of influential blogs such as Tundra Tabloids (Finland), Gates of Vienna (USA) and Vlad Tepes (Sweden), leaders of the English Defence League, also delegates from Austria, Canada, France, Denmark, Germany and Italy.
- On Saturday evening and through much of Sunday, we informally debated issues of Muslim influence and extremism in the West and the different strategies and actions that our respective nations might apply in order to curb and neutralise the growing menace of militant Islam. Though there was some healthy disagreement, all participants came away from the meeting with a renewed determination to meet the threat head on, and not to shirk our collective responsibility to defend Western values and freedoms for future generations of Europeans.
Former UKIP-er appointed chairman
On 9 November 2011, the party announced a new officer board, including former UKIP candidate and counterjihad activist Paul Weston as chairman, George Whale as national nominating officer, and Richard Bateman as treasurer.
Merger with the EDL
Following a meeting on 19 November 2011, it was announced that English Defence League leader "Tommy Robinson" " proposed an association between the EDL and BF. This pact proposed that EDL members could stand as election candidates under the British Freedom Party name, under suitable circumstances. In April 2012 it was announced that the EDL leader, Tommy Robinson, would become deputy party leader. According to The Guardian he would focus on anti-Islamic strategies.
- Kevin Rawlinson, Angry face of far-right protest prepares to storm local elections, The Independent, 25 November 2011.
- Leaked call reveals ex-BNP cabal had EDL in its sights for months, Unite Against Fascism, 28 November 2011.
The BFP's website appears to have ceased publishing (as of August 2013).
- New BNP appointments will not stop party sinking, Searchlight, December 2010.
- Extract from Register of Political Parties Electoral Commission, acc 9 August 2013
- Sonia Gable, , Searchlight magazine, 19 December 2012 15:53, acc 9 August 2013
- British Freedom Party, Regulated Entity Profile, the Electoral Commission, accessed 25 November 2011.
- British Freedom Representatives Attend International Counterjihad Meeting, British Freedom Party, 27 September 2011.
- New Executive Council Announced, British Freedom Party, 9 November 2011.
- The English Defence League and British Freedom, British Freedom Party, 19 November 2011.
- Kevin Rawlinson, [www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/english-defence-league-prepares-to-storm-local-elections-6267740.html English Defence League prepares to storm local elections], The Independent, 25 November 2011|
- Mark Townsend, Britain's far right to focus on anti-Islamic policy, The Guardian 28 April 2012
- Kevin Carroll becomes British Freedom chairman BritishFreedom.org (link now dead)