- From 2004-2006, Yadlin served as the IDF attaché to the United States. In February 2002, he earned the rank of major general and was named commander of the IDF Military Colleges and the National Defense College. Yadlin, a former deputy commander of the Israel Air Force, has commanded two fighter squadrons and two airbases. He has also served as Head of IAF Planning Department (1990-1993). He accumulated about 5,000 flight hours and flew more than 250 combat missions behind enemy lines. He participated in the Yom Kippur War (1973), Operation Peace for Galilee (1982) and Operation Tamuz – the destruction of the Osirak nuclear reactor in Iraq (1981). Yadlin holds a B.A. in economics and business administration from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (1985). He also holds a Master's degree in Public Administration from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University (1994).Before his appointment as Director of INSS, Maj. Gen. (ret.) Yadlin joined the Washington Institute for Near East Policy as the Kay Fellow on Israeli national security.
- Yadlin, Amos, With Resolve, Good Judgment, and Deliberate Speed, INSS Insight, No. 385, November 15, 2012.
- Yadlin, Amos, Shalom, Zaki, and Landau, Emily B. Between the “Zone of Immunity” and the “Zone of Trust”: US-Israel Relations in Light of Iran’s Continuing Nuclearization, INSS Insight, No. 320, March 8, 2012.
- Yadlin, Amos, Israel’s Last Chance to Strike Iran, New York Times, 29 February 2012.
- Amos Yadlin and Yoel Guzanksy, 'The Strait of Hormuz: Assessing and Neutralizing the Threat', Strategic Assessment, Volume 14, No. 4, January 2012.
- Asa Kasher and Amos Yadlin, 'Assassination and Preventive Killing', SAIS Review 25 no.1 (Winter 2005): 41-57.
- Asa Kasher and Amos Yadlin, 'Military Ethics of Fighting Terror: Principles', Philosophia, 34/1, Jan 2006, pp. 75-84.
- Asa Kasher and AmosYadlin, 'Military Ethics of Fighting Terror: Response', Journal of Military Ethics 4 no. 1 (Apr 2005): 3-32.
- Soner Cagaptay and Amos Yadlin, Turkey and Israel Need 'Earthquake Diplomacy', Hurriyet Daily News, October 28, 2011.
- Amos Yadlin and Robert Satloff, 'How Not to Play Peacemaker: Ten Reasons Why Europe Should Reject the Palestinian Statehood Bid at the United Nations', ForeignPolicy.com, September 21, 2011.
- Ghaith al-Omari, Amos Yadlin, and David Makovsky, 'The Palestinian Bid for UN Membership: Rationale, Response, Repercussions', PolicyWatch #1845, September 19, 2011.
- Ghaith al-Omari, David Makovsky, and Amos Yadlin, 'The Palestinian Bid for UN Membership: Rationale, Response, and Repercussions', September 12, 2011 .
- Amos Yadlin and Robert Satloff, Syria: The Case for 'The Devil We Don't Know', PolicyWatch #1809, May 19, 2011/
- Hisham Kassem, Amos Yadlin, and James Larocco, 'The Arab Spring: Implications for America and the Middle East', 2011 Soref Symposium.
- Amos Yadlin, 'Winds of Change in the Middle East: A View from Israel', PolicyWatch #1791: April 4, 2011.
- Amos Yadlin, 'Winds of Change in the Middle East: A View from Israel', 2011 Schiff Memorial Lecture.
- Amos Yadlin, 'Ethical Dilemmas in Fighting Terrorism', Jerusalem Center for Public Afairs, Jerusalem Issue Brief 4, no. 8, November 25, 2004.
- Israeli Military Intel Chief's 2/23 Meeting With S/ct Coordinator Crumpton, Us Embassy Tel Aviv, 27 February 2006, published by Wikileaks, 1 September 2011.
- Gili Cohen, Former IDF intelligence chief: Heavy Israeli strike would topple Assad regime, Haaretz, 3 June 2013.
- Putin can prevent US attack on Syria, says ex-Israeli intelligence chief, Times of Israel, 31 August 2013.
- Speakers, The International Security Forum, State of Israel Ministry of PublicSecurity, accessed 29 July 2009.
- Anshel Pfeffer and Amos Harel, Rising star Kochavi to replace Yadlin as IDF intelligence chief, Haaretz, 17 September 2011.
- Maj. Gen. (ret.) Amos Yadlin, INSS, accessed 19 August 2014