Peter Gummer (or Lord Chadlington) is the Chairmman of Huntsworth PR group and formerly Chief Executive of Shandwick. He is the brother of John Selwyn Gummer the former UK Conservative Agriculture minister.
From the Huntsworth website:
- Peter Chadlington has spent his entire working life in communications, as a journalist after graduating from Cambridge University and later in public relations both in-house and consultancy. He became the Chief Executive of Huntsworth plc in September 2000 expanding the business in Europe and the USA before the merger with Incepta in May 2005.
- Prior to this he founded Shandwick in 1974, establishing it as the largest PR consultancy in the UK within seven years and holding that position without interruption for 17 years. He built the firm overseas and it was sold to The Interpublic Group of Companies in 1998, forming the group that became the largest PR consultancy in the world.
- Lord Chadlington has been a director of Halifax plc, Chairman of The Royal Opera House, member of the Arts Council of England and non-executive member of the NHS Policy Board, Chairman of the Understanding Industry Trust and a member of the European Union Select Sub Committee B (Energy, Industry and Transport) and has written and lectured extensively on communications, politics and public relations.
- He was created a life peer in 1996 and is married with four children. His interests include opera, music, rugby and cricket.
100% interest (held with wife) in the Chadlington Consultancy through which consulting advice including public relations andcommunication advice has been provided (this is largely inactiveat present because of interests in Huntsworth plc)
Chadlington Consultancy (50% owned by self and 50% by wife)
Elms Trust International Ltd
Huntsworth plc (publicly listed marketing servicesgroup)
Estate in Oxfordshire including residential properties
- Chairman, Action on Addiction
Jeremy Pepper, PR Face2Face: Lord Chadlington, Chief Executive, The Huntsworth Group. Tuesday, April 19, 2005