Interpublic [IPG] is one of the big three communication comglomerates which own most of the Global PR Industry. It has offices in more than 130 countries, realizing worldwide revenue in 2001 of $6.7 billion, 57% of which was US revenue and 43% international. IPG's five main clients (Coca-Cola, General Motors Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle and Unilever), contributed roughly 14% of their revenue in 2001, representing $941m of spending. The largest client spent a massive $457m purchasing services from IPG. Twenty of IPG's clients accounted for about 25% of their revenue (Interpublic, 2001, p. 22).
- The group dates from 1902 when the Alfred W. Erickson agency was founded.
- It merged with H.K. McCann - founded 1911 by Harrison King McCann (1880-1962) - in 1930 to form McCann-Erickson. Interpublic Inc. was established in 1960 as a holding company for McCann Erickson and Marschalk & Pratt (acquired by McCann in 1954). The group was rebadged as the Interpublic Group in 1960 and expanded through an aggressive acquisition program prior to going public in 1971.
- Interpublic now includes the Lowe Group, Foote Cone & Belding Worldwide (founded by Emerson Foote (1906-1992)), and such US agencies as Bozell, Deutsch, and Temerlin McClain. It offers a range of marketing, media planning and buying, and public relationsservices through its Octagon, DraftWorldwide and Initiative Media subsidiaries. Source 
- Michael I. Roth Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
- David A. Bell Co-Chairman
- Jonathan B. Burleigh Senior Vice President, Finance and Development
- Nicholas J. Camera Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Albert S. Conte Senior Vice President, Taxes and General Tax Counsel
- Nick S. Cyprus Senior Vice President, Controller and Chief Accounting Officer
- Thomas Dowling Senior Vice President, Chief Risk Officer
- Stephen Gatfield Executive Vice President, Strategy and Network Operations
- Frank Guglielmo Senior Vice President, Leadership and Organizational Development
- Ellen T. Johnson Senior Vice President and Treasurer
- Philippe Krakowsky Executive Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Relations
- Barry R. Linsky Executive Vice President, Emeritus
- Frank Mergenthaler Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Terry Peigh Senior Vice President, Director of Corporate Services
- Mark Rosenthal Chief Executive Officer Interpublic Media
- Timothy A. Sompolski Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
- David I. Weiss Senior Vice President, Business Development and Strategic Information Resources
board of directors
- Michael I. Roth Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Interpublic Group
- Frank J. Borelli, Presiding Director, Senior Advisor, Retired Chief Financial Officer and Director, Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
- Reginald K. Brack Former Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Time Inc.
- Jill M. Considine Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation.
- Richard A. Goldstein Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, International Flavors and Fragrances, Inc.
- H. John Greeniaus Former Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Nabisco, Inc.
- J Phillip Samper Managing Director, Gabriel Venture Partners
- David M. Thomas Chairman and CEO, IMS Health
- Bragman Nyman Cafarelli United States
- Carmichael Lynch Spong United States
- DeVries Public Relations United States
- GolinHarris Belgium, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States
- MWW Group United States
- Rogers & Cowan England, United States
- Slay PR United States
- Weber Shandwick Worldwide Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand (2 more countries)
- PMK/HBH United States
- The Rhoads Group United States
- Tierney Communications United States
- The Axis Agency United States
- The Martin Agency United States
- Mullen United States
- Financial Relations Board United States
- Rowan & Blewitt United States
- Carmichael Lynch Spong United States
- FutureBrand Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United States
- Gillespie United States
- KRC Research England, United States
- Howard Merrell & Partners United States
- Advanced Marketing Services
- Bozell Worldwide
- FutureBrand Worldwide
- Hill, Holliday
- Jack Morton Worldwide
- McCann Relationship Marketing Partners Worldwide
- McCann-Erickson WorldGroup
- Modem Media
- Mullen Advertising
- Temerlin McClain
- Bozell, Campbell-Ewald
- Foote, Cone & Belding
- Lowe and Partners
- Campbell Mithun
- Carmichael Lynch
MR units under the NFO WorldGroup umbrella include
- NFO Research
- NFO Cfgroup
- NFO Migliara/Kaplan
- NFO Plog
- NFO Prognostics
- Infratest Burke AG
Sports and entertainment
Octagon - sports promotions Octagon Motor Sports (formerly Brands Hatch Leisure Group or BHL) - owns and operates four UK motor racing circuits: Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park Octagon Amster Yard - "boutique" agency Bragman Nyman Cafarelli (BNC) - celebrity promotions in consumer markets The Works - promotions for General Motors Jack Morton Worldwide - employee motivation PMK/HBH - public relations for motion picture, television, music and theater industries
- Stewart Alter Truth Well Told: McCann-Erickson and the pioneering of global advertising (New York: McCann-Erickson Worldwide 1995).
- Fairfax Cone With All Its Faults; A Candid Account of Forty Years in Advertising (Boston: Little Brown 1969).