Tyler Drumheller is the former head of CIA covert operations in Europe.
- He says he saw firsthand how the White House promoted intelligence it liked and ignored intelligence it didn’t:
- "The idea of going after Iraq was U.S. policy. It was going to happen one way or the other," says Drumheller.
- Drumheller says he doesn't think it mattered very much to the administration what the intelligence community had to say. "I think it mattered it if verified. This basic belief that had taken hold in the U.S. government that now is the time, we had the means, all we needed was the will," he says.
- Tyler Drumheller - Cooperative Research Profile
- A Spy Speaks Out: Former Top CIA Official On "Faulty" Intelligence Claims, CBS News, 23 April 2006.