Founder of Heritage Oil.
- Mr. Buckingham is the founder of the Group. Mr. Buckingham commenced his involvement in the oil industry as a North Sea diver and subsequently became a concession negotiator acting for several companies including Ranger Oil Limited and Premier Oil plc. He was previously a security adviser to various governments.
The Western Mail reported in 2010 that Buckingham had made a substantial donation to the constituency association of Conservative MP Simon Hart, the former chief executive of the Countryside Alliance:
- Records published by the Electoral Commission show that Mr Buckingham gave pounds 50,000 to Conservative Central Office on May 14 - a week after the election. On June 1 he made a donation of pounds 5,000 to Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire Conservative Association.
Buckingham also gave 50,000 to Conservative Central Office on 14 May 2010. Responding to questions about the donations, Heritage Oil said Buckingham "has had no involvement in military or security operations since 1998", according to This is South Wales.
- Fran Abrams, Andrew Buncombe, Steve Boggan and Mark Stucke, Who is Tony Buckingham? And why does everyone want to talk to him?, The Independent, 13 May 1998.
- Heritage Oil - Directors & Management, accessed 11 April 2008.
- Martin Shipton, Former partner in mercenary force funds Tory association; POLITICAL OPPONENTS ATTACK WELSH DONATION OF pounds 5,000, Western Mail, 6 September 2010.
- Alex Smith, Ex-mercenary force boss gives to Tories, This is South Wales, 27 August 2010.