Stuart Family Foundation
Not to be confused with the Stuart Foundation
According to the Robert D. Stuart Jr, the foundation is 'dedicated to strengthening America, at home and abroad':
- 'We support the mechanisms that have made America a great nation: the core values of its civil society, its honest and efficient government, and its strong national defense. All of our major program areas—media, civic education, national security and federal campaign finance—reflect this philosophy.'
Its goal is tom 'to influence public policy and bolster high ethical values and patriotism'.
The bulk of the grants awarded by the foundation however support security, counter-terrorism and foreign policy groups, such as the the Center for Strategic and International Studies, the Heritage Foundation, the Manhattan Institute, Jamestown Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute. Since 2011, they have also repeatedly provided funding to the 'counter-extremism' think-tank Quilliam Foundation.
|Grant recipients of the Stuart Family Foundation in $ USD |
|America Abroad Media||-||-||150,000||150,000||450,000||210,000||200,000||710,000|
|American Enterprise Institute||-||-||2,500||50,000||-||50,000||50,000||152,500|
|Bipartisan Policy Center||-||-||25,000||100,000||150,000||150,000||150,000||575,000|
|Center for Strategic & International Studies||-||-||130,000||11,667||106,300||115,000||-||256,667|
|Council on Foreign Relations||-||-||-||75,000||-||-||-||75,000|
|Middle East Media Research Institute||-||-||35,000||-||-||-||-||35,000|
|Terror Free Tomorrow||-||-||40,000||-||-||-||-||40,000|
- Philanthropy Roundtable Stuart Family Foundation, Accessed 24 January 2014
- Data compiled from yearly 990 forms
- Stuart Family Foundation Form 990, 2011, Accessed 25 January 2014.
- Stuart Family Foundation 2012 990 Form
- Stuart Family Foundation 2013 990 Form
- Stuart Family Foundation 2014 990 Form
- Stuart Family Foundation 2015 990 Form