Stephen George Tallents
- Empire Marketing Board (1926-1933)
- Post Office (GPO) 1933
- BBC, (where he was Deputy Director General under Lord Reith)
- Ministry of Information
- After the Second World War he became founder President of The Institute of Public Relations
- Royal Society of Artists
- Royal Institute of British Architects
- the Society of Industrial Artists
- Design Industries Association
- member of the Committee of Enquiry into the Future of the British Film Institute (1948), which was 'instrumental in modernising the BFI and securing its government funding.'
- The Projection of England (1933), which 'argued for the creation of a school for 'national projection' - a propaganda body that would defend the British 'sense of fair play' from the challenges of America, fascist Europe and the Soviet Union.'