Sophie Thompson is a Senior Account Executive at London based lobbying firm Brevia Consulting.
According to her biography on Brevia's website:
- Prior to joining Brevia Consulting, Sophie worked in the UK Parliament as Chief of Staff to Laura Sandys MP, a former member of the Energy and Climate Change Select Committee and now PPS to the Minister, Greg Barker MP. She specialised in the Green Deal, energy efficiency, the Energy Bill and renewables industry. Sophie led a project to establish a low-carbon constituency and worked with public sector organisations and trade associations to identify assets suitable for energy efficiency retrofits.
- She also helped coordinate the All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Green Deal and provided the Secretariat function to a Green Deal Inquiry. After nearly three years of working in the House of Commons, she has proven experience of engaging with a wide range of stakeholders including backbench MPs, civil servants, industry, consumer groups, and the media.
- Before her role in Parliament, she worked as a Research Fellow at a think tank on a Foreign Office project focusing on Pakistan. Here she undertook research and provided briefings on extremism and terrorism. Sophie graduated from the University of Exeter with an MA in Middle East Politics with Distinction, having completing a BA in Theology at the University of Bristol. She is politically active and serves as Chairman of a regional branch of Conservative Future, is a Senior Officer for a Conservative Association, and a keen follower of Westminster politics.
- Laura Sandys, MP
- Quilliam Foundation - former research fellow from 2009-2010 
- Conservative Future
- Conservative Association
Contact, Resources and Notes
- Sophie Thompson, LinkedIn, acc 24 October 2013