In July 2015, Murray was appointed as parliamentary private secretary to then DECC minister Andrea Leadsom.  She retained this role to Leadsom when the minister was appointed a secretary for the environment in July 2016.
Murray previously sat on the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee from November 2012 to March 2015, and the Environmental Audit Committee from July 2010 to December 2012.
Stance on fracking
Murray has generally voted against increased regulations on fracking . 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. She also voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted in favour for requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour of weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- Nicholas Craker 
- Robert Davidson - Overseas visits: 26 July - 1 August 2015 to Taiwan with British-Taiwanese All-Party Parliamentary Group, funded by Government of Republic of China; 11-15 November 2015, to Cyprus with UK Conservative Friends of Cyprus delegation, funded by Cyprus House of Representatives 
- Natalie Dunwell 
- Kathryn Oakley 
- Lisa Sargeant 
- Mrs Sheryll Murray MP www.parliament.uk, accessed 28 May 2015
- Second Parliamentary Private Secretary post for Sheryll Murray MP, MP's website, accessed 27 January 2017.
- TheyWorkForYou, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 29 December 2016.
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 22 April 2016