Robert Jenrick is the British Conservative Party Member of Parliament for Newark.
In February 2015 he served was parliamentary private secretary (PPS) to Esther McVey in the Department for Work and Pensions and in May 2015 he was appointed PPS to Michael Gove, secretary of state for justice.
Jenrick read history at St. Johns College University of Cambridge where he gained a first class honours.
Stance on frackingOil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. One was awarded to Alkane Energy (abandoned mine methane vent licence), two to Blackland Park (conventional licences), three to INEOS, one to IGas and one to ADM (conventional). There are plans for three shale wells, two hrz frac wells and 2D and 3D seismic surveying; no applications are currently underway. 
Jenrick has said he supported fracking exploration, saying 'it would be irresponsible not to pursue homegrown sources of energy. We have already seen the positives of fracking in the US, with a drop in oil and energy prices.'  His constituents have frequently called on him to take a strong stance against fracking. 
Robert Jenrick has generally voted against increased regulation on fracking. 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. She voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: voted in favour of requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour for weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- Associate Parliamentary Health Group since 2014 .
- House of Commons Health Select Committee
- United Kingdom-United Arab Emirates All-Party Parliamentary Group, member
- All-Party Parliamentary China Group - Vice-chair
- Guido Fawkes PPS reshuffle in full, 29 May 2015, accessed 1 June 2015.
- About Robert Robert Jenrick, accessed 1 April 2015
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- Robert Jenrick urged to make clear his stance on fracking, Newark Advertiser, 2 January 2015, accessed 22 December 2016.
- BenIreland, Campaigners lobby Newark MP in bid to protect Nottinghamshire from fracking, Nottingham Post, 4 January 2015, accessed 22 December 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Robert Jenrick, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 22 December 2016.
- China APPG, www.parliament.uk', accessed 23 November 2015