Scheunemann heads and has founded several PR/lobbying firms. In 2001, Scheunemann founded Orion Strategies, which currently advises Sarah Palin's PNAC. He also founded and heads Scheunemann & Associates, another lobbying firm which has represented the American Rifle Association and the Caspian Alliance, a group of oil and gas-producing nations from the Caspian region. Scheunemann has worked as a lobbyist for foreign governments as a “registered foreign agent” and reportedly advised foreign governments while working for McCain's presidential campaign.
Advisor to Sarah Palin
Scheunemann reportedly drafted Palin's first major foreign policy speech. and:
- FEC records indicate that Palin's political action committee, SarahPAC, is paying Scheunemann's Virginia-based Orion Strategies $10,000 per month and has expended $90,000 to date for his services.
- Orion Strategies - Founder, President
- Scheunemann and Associates - Founder
- Mercury Group - Founder
- Committee for the Liberation of Iraq
- Project for the New American Century
- Emergency Committee for Israel
- Jim Lobe & Michael Flynn 'The Rise and Decline of the Neoconservatives', Right Web 16 November 2006.
- SOPR Web, "Lobbying Registration", Lobbying Disclosure Electronic Filing System, accessed on 10 September 2010
- Geoffrey Dunn, [Palin Advisor Is a Former BP Lobbyist & Foreign Agen "Palin Advisor Is a Former BP Lobbyist & Foreign Agent"], Huffington Post, 10 September 2010
- 'Profile: Randy Scheunemann', Right Web, accessed 19 July 2010.
- Ben Smith, "Scheunemann advising Palin for 'wide-ranging' Hong Kong talk", Politico, 22 September 2009