Nicholas Soames has been the UK Conservative Party MP for Mid Sussex since 1983.
He was the Minister of State for Armed Services from 1994 to 1997 and the Shadow Secretary of State for Defence from 2003 to 2005 
Soames is co-chair of the Cross Party Group on Balanced Migration, an all-party parliamentary group which is administered by MigrationWatch and lobbyists Quiller Consultants (Registered 9 May 2011) 
He has declared several overseas visits paid for by foreign governments since 2013.
- Address of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, PO Box 21653, Doha, Qatar
- Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £3,306.15 for air travel and £621.86 for accommodation; £3,928.01 in total
- Destination of visit: Doha, Qatar
- Date of visit: 20-22 May 2013
- Purpose of visit: to attend the 13th Doha Forum. (Registered 25 June 2013)
- Name of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bahrain
- Address of donor: Manama, Bahrain
- Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Including accommodation, full board and flights: total value £3,700
- Destination of visit: Bahrain
- Date of visit: 5-8 December 2013
- Purpose of visit: Visit organised by the Conservative Middle East Council to attend the IISS
Manama (Registered 16 December 2013)
- President of the Conservative Middle East Council – The Rt Hon Nicholas Soames MP - Soames was elected as the Honorary President of CMEC in 2007 and previously served as its Chairman from 1997 to 2003.
Revolving door appointments
Between March 2013 and February 2014 Soames was the fifth highest Tory MP for outside earnings, earning £199,005. 
- Non-executive Chairman at GardaWorld, formerly Aegis Defence Services. Address: 84 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PX. Receives a monthly salary of £9,166.67 for an expected commitment of 15 hours. When the private company was revealed to have employed former Sierra Leone child-soldiers, Soames declined to comment. 
- Non-executive director of Aggregated Micro Power plc (non-executive); renewable energy investment business. Address: Hasilwood House, 62 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AW. Receives £3,750 per quarter for an expected commitment of 15 hours.
- Senior adviser at MMC Group or Marsh; insurance and related financial services. Address: Marsh Ltd, Tower Place, London, EC3R 5BU. Work includes attending meetings and advising on business opportunities. Receives a monthly salary of £7,951.25 for an expected commitment of 15 hours.
- Senior adviser on strategic issues to Intrepid Capital Partners. Receives an annual payment of £20,008.23 for an expected commitment of 30 hours. 
Was a business development and strategic adviser to:
- Welcome Break, operator of motorway service stations until 2007.
- Investcorp, fund management company, GSC Partners, an investment company, and Scythian, a management consultancy until 2008. 
- James Lyons, Tory toff Nicholas Soames who tried to ban minimum wage takes home £25k bonus, The Mirror, 7 February 2014.
- Wikipedia Nicholas Soames
- They Work for You Nicholas Soames
-  Nicholas Soames MP, theyworkforyou.com, accessed September 8, 2016
- Nicholas Soames Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Use parliament.co.uk ref instead
- Declaration in Nicholas Soames MP's entry in the MP's Register of Interests, acc 10 June 2014
- Vincent Moss Tory MPs earn a combined £4MILLION from their lucrative jobs on the side Mirror, 30 March 2014, accessed 23 February 2015
- UK firm employed former child solider as mercenaries in Iraq The Guardian. accessed 08 September 2016
- They Work For You, Nicholas Soames], 23 February 2015
-  They Work For You, Accessed 08 September 2016.