Professor Maureen Edmondson is on the board of the Food Standards Agency and Chair of the Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee.
After a career spanning two decades Edmondson worked for Mars with responsibility for international scientific affairs. She claims to have initiated scientific programmes with scientific professionals in Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, Asia and Africa. She also negotiated the corporation’s input to European and international technical food legislation and nutrition policy. Edmondson continues to be active in research and as a university lecturer. She has also held posts on the UK government Food Advisory Committee.
- Fellow of the International Union of Food Science and Technology
- Fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Honorary Fellow of the European College of Sports Sciences
- In 2008 appointed as the NI member of the Communications Consumer Panel OFCOM.
- Vice Chairman of the Industry Council for Development
- Active in the International Life Sciences Institute
- Vice Chairman of the Northern Ireland Post Primary Education Review, on the governing council of Ulster University where she is a visiting professor for the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences,
- Non-Executive Director of the Northern Ireland Office and was Vice Chairman of the Trinity Forum in Europe.
- Served on the leader group for Food Foresight in Northern Ireland,
- NI Member of Postwatch National Council and chaired Postwatch NI.