According to a biographical note:
- The Rt Hon Lord Denman was born on the 7 July 1916 in Cumberland, England and at present is Senior Advisor to the Merchant Bridge & Co. Ltd. The Rt Hon Lord Denman joined the Territorial Army in 1936 and remained there until 1945. He served in the United Kingdom, India, Iraq, Egypt, North Africa and Dodecanese Islands. During his military service he attended Staff College and attained the rank of Major.
- On demobilisation he joined C Tennant & Sons Merchants and became Director. This company was bought by Consolidated Goldfields (London & South Africa) and Lord Denman remained Director until 1985. Meanwhile he was also a Director of Marine and General Mutual Life Assurance Society from 1983 till 1985. He was a Chairman of Goldfields Mahd adh Dhahab, which developed the Saudi Gold mine of that name and a Director of British Water and Wastewater Ltd, which modernised the Cairo water and sewage services. In 1990 he became Director of Al Baraka International Bank and the Saudi British Bank.
Chairman of the Trustees at the Arab British Chamber Charitable Foundation. He is a Governor of Windlesham House School and President of the Royal Society for Asian Affairs. He is a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of World Traders and a Member and Chairman of the Committee for Middle East Trade and of the Committee on Invisible Exports. Denman is Vice-President of the Middle East Association and a Vice-President of the Saudi British Society.
- Chairman of the Trustees at the Arab British Chamber Charitable Foundation
- Governor of Windlesham House School
- President of the Royal Society for Asian Affairs
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of World Traders
- Member and Chairman of the Committee for Middle East Trade and of the Committee on Invisible Exports.
- Vice-President of the Middle East Association
- Vice-President of the British Saudi Society
- Board of the Institute for the Study of Conflict and its successor the Research Institute for the Study of Conflict and Terrorism
- COMMITTEE MEMBERS OF THE SAUDI-BRITISH SOCIETY, Accessed 28 February 2008
- WILLIAM GREAVES A thinking man's war; Terrorism; Spectrum The Times (London), May 9 1989, Tuesday, Issue 63389.