Lisa Nandy has been the Labour Party MP for Wigan since 2010. She has served as a shadow minister for education and for the Cabinet Office (2013) and was shadow energy and climate change secretary from September 2015  until June 2016.
Leading Labour's lobbying overhaul
In September 2014 Nandy was involved in helping to oversee the Labour Party's plans to turn the Government’s limited lobbying register into something far bigger. Labour has already been clear that it will broaden out the lobbying register from the Government’s narrow focus on ‘consultant lobbyists’. They hope to add many more names and extra details on to the register so that lobbying transparency will be far more extensive. 
Some have seen this plan as a signal that Labour is keen to crack down on lobbyists, but Nandy suggests otherwise, saying that: 'I think it is fair to say that the vast majority of lobbyists are engaged in perfectly legitimate activity'. 
Nandy hopes to 'lead Labour down the road to lobbying transparency', saying 'why wouldn’t we make this information available in a 21st-century democracy?'. Nandy and the Labour party feel that it is incredibly important to try and put public confidence back into the activity of lobbying and the industry. 
Statement after Third Energy fracking approval in North Yorkshire
- 'The controversy over this application shows fracking is still hugely contentious yet the Tories abandoned their promise of tougher safeguards. We need robust rules to offer communities reassurance that the environmental risks will be properly managed and local concerns will be listened to. There should be a moratorium until stronger protections are in place.' 
In the 2015 general election, Nandy was re-elected as Labour MP for Wigan with a majority of 14,236. 
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 7188
- Fax: 020 7219 5152
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 2nd Floor, Wigan Investment Centre, Waterside Drive, Wigan, WN3 5BA
- Telephone: 01942 242 047
Web & Social media
- Lisa Nandy, www.parliament.uk, accessed 17 November 2013.
- Who's who in Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet BBC News, accessed 16 September 2015
- Sarah Priddy, PIL: Current Members Related to Other Current or Former Members - Commons Library Standard Note, 13 September 2013.
- David SingletonLeading Labour's lobbying overhaul PublicAffairs News, 22 September 2014, accessed 9 March 2015
- Rig Watch, Updated: More reaction to Kirby Misperton fracking approval, Drill or Drop, 25 May 2016 (Labour Party statement cited no longer online as at June 2019
- Lisa Nandy Express, accessed 18 May 2015