Kazakhmys has a German subsidiary called MKM, a semi-product producer of longstanding.
Getting a Lord on board
According to The Times, Kazakhmys 'is one of a growing number of companies from the former Soviet Union who are hiring lords as non-executive directors to improve their corporate governance credentials prior to London listings. The paper reported that:
- Even the largest and most reputable foreign companies are eager to appoint British advisers. Lord Renwick of Clifton joined the board of the Kazakh copper company Kazakhmys before its Ј661 million listing on the London Stock Exchange in December 2005. Lord Renwick was suggested by JP Morgan Cazenove, the lead-manager of the IPO, where he is a vice-chairman. Lord Renwick said: “I am not on the board (of Kazakhmys) because I am a member of the House of Lords but because I have many years’ experience in the mining industry.”
Board of Directors in Jan 2012
- Vladimir Kim Chairman
- Oleg Novachuk Chief Executive
- Eduard Ogay Executive Director
- Lord Renwick of Clifton Non-executive Director
- Philip Aiken Non-executive Director and Senior Independent Director
- Simon Heale Non-executive Director
- Daulet Yergozhin Non-executive Director
- Clinton Dines Non-executive Director
- Charles Watson Non-executive Director
Board of Directors in Jan 2007
- Simon Heale 
- Vladimir Kim Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Yong Keu Cha Chief Executive Officer
- Oleg Novachuk Finance Director (previously JSC Kazprombank.
- David Munro Strategy Director. (formerly BHP Billiton and RMC Group PLC
- Julian Evans Why Russians are keen to get a lord on board, The Times, August 15, 2006 12:45
- Kazakhmys website. About us Board of Directors Accessed 21/02/2012