Kathleen Casey is on the board of bank HSBC Holdings plc.
Early in her career, Casey spent thirteen years working for the US Government, where she held positions including staff director and counsel of the US Senate committee on banking, housing and urban affairs; and legislative director and chief of staff for US Senator Richard Shelby.
From 2006 to 2011 she was appointed as a commissioner of the US Securities and Exchange Commission, 'acting as its principal representative in dialogues with the G20 financial stability board and the international organisation of securities commissions'.
Casey was appointed to the board of HSBC Holdings on the 1 March 2014. She is currently an independent non-executive director, member of the group audit committee and the financial system vulnerabilities committee at the bank.
- Chairman, Alternative Investment Management Association
- Senior Adviser, Patomak Global Partners
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Pennsylvania State University
- The Trust Fund Board of the Library of Congress
- Advisory Council of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- JD degree, George Mason University School of Law
- BA international politics, Pennsylvania State University